Cocoa - Koora Filly - WARNING - Picture overload! Page 36

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found there's not much difference in the dorsal, here's one of Fantasy where you can see how crisp it is on her.

storm10.jpg

This is where pedigree is helpful, I know there is no dun behind her so it's just countershading. But due to how many non duns have dorsal stripes I never trust it on it's own as a dun mark.

Now she COULD be dun, but with sooty playing on her and no known pedigree it's very hard to be certain one way or the other.

I've found there's not much difference in the dorsal, here's one of Fantasy where you can see how crisp it is on her.

View attachment 11863

This is where pedigree is helpful, I know there is no dun behind her so it's just countershading. But due to how many non duns have dorsal stripes I never trust it on it's own as a dun mark.

Now she COULD be dun, but with sooty playing on her and no known pedigree it's very hard to be certain one way or the other.
Wow Fantasys is quite crisp/clean looking, I wish i knew Cocoas pedigree would be a whole lot easier. Anyway it doesnt matter if she is or isnt as shes just a cherished pet lol
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres Cocoas first two foals Dakota (the one with the light nose) and Cooper (the one with the big head haha very easy to cuddle)
default_smile.png

Such brotherly love haha

brothers 2.jpgbrothers.jpg

Oh, two very handsome boys!! So this time it will be a filly!
default_thumbup.gif

Oh, two very handsome boys!! So this time it will be a filly!
default_thumbup.gif
Even the little one that didnt make it was a boy, so yes definitely time for a filly
default_smile.png
Even though i do like the boys better there so much sweeter
default_smile.png

Are they all by the same stallion? If so, then he may be one who throws mainly boys - have you tried the ring test to see what it says, just for a bit of fun?

The first two were by the same stallion he was black. The third and this one are from the one in my avatar (now a gelding lol)

no, whats the ring test?
default_smile.png

Just for fun you understand - but suprising how accurate it often turns out to be.
default_yes.gif

Get a lightweight piece of string or cotton thread, about 12" long or thereabouts. Tie a ring (wedding) or even a metal nail to one end and hold/suspend the thread over your mare's back, central to her spine above or just in front of her hips. If outside in the field it must be a perfectly 'still' day, no wind, and make sure the hand/arm holding the thread doesn't 'shake'! If mare is expecting a filly the string/ring will begin to move in a circle, if it is a colt then the movement will be to and fro along the mare's spine. No movement means no foal - not a possibility with Cocoa!! Be patient as it can take a little while for the ring to move, but a lot of us have had fun and success when trying this.

Stallions just have such character
default_smile.png
and amigo was such a good boy, but he's a lot better without them since he wouldn't be used for breeding.

I will have to do the string test when I get home, how exciting
default_smile.png

I havnt posted in a little bit, but thats because i keep forgetting to do the string test lol and i still havent done it. im hopeless

But i got new pictures today, her 'milk' is starting to get cloudy
default_smile.png
but she is still quite round.

Cocoa at 334 - 343 days.

334 days (2).jpg334 days (3).jpg334 days (4).jpg

If her milk is getting cloudy not long now
default_thumbup.gif

Milk is probably one of the most reliable signs! Jilla suprised me with her last foal because she carried lopsided right up until the last moment! Rotten mares
default_new_rofl.gif

If her milk is getting cloudy not long now
default_thumbup.gif

Milk is probably one of the most reliable signs! Jilla suprised me with her last foal because she carried lopsided right up until the last moment! Rotten mares
default_new_rofl.gif
What a lovely surprise though
default_smile.png

Im hoping tomorrows the day because i guessed tomorrow
default_smile.png
but i dont think she will
default_sad.png

Certainly the best kind of suprise!

I'm just glad I cut my weekend short, otherwise I wouldn't have been back home until late Sunday and would only have found out after Dad fed them and called... can just imagine how I would react to that news
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I just adore this picture
default_wub.png
:wub

tilly14.jpg

edit to move the other pics over to my thread, LOL!

Certainly the best kind of suprise!

I'm just glad I cut my weekend short, otherwise I wouldn't have been back home until late Sunday and would only have found out after Dad fed them and called... can just imagine how I would react to that news
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I just adore this picture
default_wub.png
:wub

View attachment 12074
aww that picture is just tooo cute!!! haha lucky you did then
default_smile.png

wow just look at her legs, they look almost as long as her mums already!! now your making me impatient with all these gorgeous babies ;)

I just realised I put all my pics in your thread instead of just the one I was going to tease you with, SORRY!!!!
default_frusty.gif

Although maybe it will encourage Cocoa to hurry up
default_whistling.gif
:whistling
default_whistling.gif

Haha thats alright, i quite enjoyed them
default_smile.png

ill have to go show her, she will be very jealous she loves babies!

yes hopefully
default_smile.png

Well i think we are getting very close
default_thumbup.gif

Her nipples are starting to fill and her behind is quite relaxed!

Pictures from this morning 337 - 346 days

336 days (6) - Copy.jpg337 days (4) - Copy.jpg337 days (5) - Copy.jpg337 days (6).jpg Oh so round lol

Looking good! Not much longer to go now
default_smile.png
I reckon she's racing Fantasy and currently in the lead... Fantasy is due next weekend!

how many days is fantasy? haha oh the race is on
default_smile.png
i hope i win otherwise you will have 5 foals and i will have 0
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back