This doesn't sound right..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJF

Reaction score
I have a mare listed for sale and I got this email..I don't know, it just sounds really weird. He wants to get a horse for his son's birthday and wants to send me a check asap. He didn't even ask any questions other than my mailing address to send the check! Weird..and the only picture in the ad is of my mare's head..What do you all think?

That sounds strange. Dont be afraid to ask questions!! How old is his son? I would not do anything untill the check clears, but then again maybe he is a first time horse buyer. Probe his story. If he bolts then no harm, if he is just a first time buyer open then he will stick around and know you want the best for your horses
default_smile.png

Just the way the email was written was weird. But, it did say he was a business man..so maybe that's just how he writes his emails? I don't know LOL. He said his son is turning 18. He also said not to worry about transportation, because he would make sure to get the best shippers.

This is what part of it said:

" I am willing to make payment to you via a checkwhich will be sent to you as soon as you provide me with your full mailing Information to be sent to you as below : NAME: ADDRESS: CELL NUMBER: AND LET ME KNOW THE PRICE YOU ARE WILLING TO SELL IT AND ALSO LET ME KNOW IF IT IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR SALE OK."

He wants to get her RIGHT NOW.

He's acting like she's an object and that kind of bothers me.

I just sent another email asking some questions about himself and his experience with horses.
default_wink.png
:

SCAM!!!!!!

I just got the same e-mail. I just added another internet ad for my APHA filly for sale, and I just checked my e-mail and there it was.

Good advice above. I would have also asked if he has owned horses before so I would know how much information to provide him on horse care if he needs it. If he does not provide futher info then definately a scam........... I recently ran an ad on our yearlings for sale & got something similar.

Everything about that e-mail says SCAM to me. A business man wanting to buy it ASAP no questions asked other than if it is still available, he'll send a check and the very best shippers so don't worry about transport...scam.

Thanks everyone. I have no doubt that it's a scam now. He also emailed me back with an email that made absolutely no sense. He said he lives in Ohio but will ship to horse to the UK.
default_rolleyes.gif
: And his son has experience in SO many different types of horses such as mares and stallions.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back