Toronto

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
I moved to southwestern Ontario about 3 or 4 years ago from downtown Toronto. I love it here. I'm with my animals. I'm with my partner. And it's peaceful. But...I was born and lived in downtown Toronto for 30+ years. My heart will always be there. And my bi-monthly trips over to see my friends and family are always anticipated. Some of the things I miss about living downtown:

Chinatown

Kensington Market

Awesome Restaurants (this past weekend I just stepped out my friend's door and grabbed sushi, a 5 min. walk away)

The nightlife

The Art Gallery

The Museum

St. Lawrence Market

Just walking nowhere and everywhere for a whole Sunday...

Anyhoo. As an homage to my city I got a new tattoo on my wrist. It's the latitude and longitude of T.O.: N43(degrees)40'W79(degrees)22'

I found this cool vid about T.O. on Youtube and thought I'd share. It really is a great city and I'm so proud to be from there. Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toronto is a great city and I have only been priveledged enough to visit once or twice but I love going each time!

I would love to see a picture of your tattoo, sounds interesting I have never heard of any one doing that before! It would be neat to see the video but im on dialup so it would take me forever to see it but I will try it monday when i go back to school.

It must have been a big change for you to move, you are very bave! Best of wishes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toronto is a great city and I have only been priveledged enough to visit once or twice but I love going each time!
I would love to see a picture of your tattoo, sounds interesting I have never heard of any one doing that before! It would be neat to see the video but im on dialup so it would take me forever to see it but I will try it monday when i go back to school.

It must have been a big change for you to move, you are very bave! Best of wishes!

Awww. Thanks. I'm really not that brave as I have an amazing partner in Kevin. It was no contest when it came to him
default_wub.png

Matt, your feelings about Toronto echo mine about Montreal - where I grew up.
default_wub.png

And you are right - Toronto is an amazing place... and I will pick Kensington Market on your list....

Matt, your feelings about Toronto echo mine about Montreal - where I grew up.
default_wub.png

And you are right - Toronto is an amazing place... and I will pick Kensington Market on your list....

default_laugh.png
Love love Montreal. I had an ex from Verdun.

Awww. Thanks. I'm really not that brave as I have an amazing partner in Kevin. It was no contest when it came to him
That makes it all the more worth it!! And I forgot to add I love the museums!!

Toronto is definitely a pretty nice place! I enjoyed spending the day there! The zoo was fantastic!

I'd love to see your tat! What does Kevin think of it?

I guess I'm too much of a hick....I HATE Toronto....

Ok, ok, so yes, there are some really neat things there....shows, sports, shopping, etc, etc, etc. But the hassle of driving in, through and out of Toronto, I can't stand it. It just takes the enjoyment out of it for me. Now if I were to be able to go and miss rush hours, and be guaranteed of no major traffic accidents, well maybe it would be more enjoyable...

I have to go to Milton for a dog show next weekend and I'm dreading that!!!
default_laugh.png
I know, I know, Milton ISN'T Toronto, but it's getting awfully close to the GTA these days!!!

~kathryn

Well I love to visit but would not want to live there.... (sorry Matt)

But do love going down and seeing the sites!

There is always tons to do when there.

But then to me where you are living now is just the subs ! lol

Up here in Northern Ontario you just can't beat it.

I can go outside at night see the 'true' night sky (no city reflextion or planes roaring by)

Here my babies as they munch along and yes even go for hours without hearing a car drive by!!!

Latest posts

Back