Two California Geldings NEED A HOME!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDraft

Reaction score
These two geldings were recently moved into a foster home in Anaheim, California and at least now are getting consistent care, good food, and a safe place to live. They are not going to be able to stay at their current home and need a new home ASAP! They are in a barn with deep shavings right now and are eating 100% timothy pellets and are out of the rain and mud right now :)

Both are cremello geldings with age and medical issues but are very very sweet and gentle and absolutely LOVE attention. They seem to have suffered long neglect but not abuse because their personalities are so wonderful but their bodies are not so wonderful. I head-and-necked them today and they were absolutely still for it (even ears), maybe they were show horses back in their days. The information given by the people who got rid of them was conflicted and therefore no background is known on these boys. They need their teeth floated and general stuff like that it seems.

"Hook" is a 20 year old cremello gelding. He is completely blind in one eye and is about 32" tall. He relies on his friend to keep an eye out on his blind side. He is not very spooky about his limited sight.

"Smee" is a 15 year old cremello gelding. He is about 33" tall... has foundered in the past and his feet have gotten out of control (very long). He has a long, curly coat and this seems to be a sign of Cushings. He is absolutely adorable.

I am including a couple of pictures taken with a cell phone, so they are not that great, but you can see what sweet minis these are (unregistered)... they love kids and just need a good knowledgeable home. I am not sure if CMHR can take them or if someone can give them a home. They are of course free, but only to a very knowledgeable loving home ONLY!!!

Please e-mail me for more information, please do not PM me.

[email protected]

Thank you for your time, I just couldn't bear to know minis were being neglected so close to home.

Andrea

75757913907_0_ALB.jpg

95757913907_0_ALB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I was closer to help out with these two boys. But I am glad they are safe now.

These aren't the one's that were supposed to go to Disneyland are they? I was under the impression they weren't in bad condition, the owner was. I sure hope these aren't the same guys but it sure sounds like it. What the heck happened???

Yes that what I thought too smlotsocats but we were all misled a little ... please e-mail me privately if you would like more information, I do not feel comfortable talking about the affairs of the company I work for in a public forum.

They are being well taken care of where they are at now, they just need some TLC and a good home.

Andrea

Yes, they are the two boys that went to Disneyland,but for some reason (probably their condition) they didn't work out. CMHR will help all we can, just let us know what is needed.

Ginny StP

deleted by Gini

BLESS YOU DISNEYLAND!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Thank you for rescuing these horses from such a situation! I will see if there is anything I can do.

sorry guys but i feel i have to edit these posts!

I'm checking around here with my equine friends and am definitely spreading the word!

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back