Whats your nationality!!?? And where are you from??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
default_laugh.png
I was just reading some posts and sometimes people speak alittle different( Not that thats bad at all! Just makes me courious!!) so I was just wondering where you all are originally from and whats your nationality!!

I'm Spanish, Italian, American Indian, Mexican and Polish!!!!! Hehehehe!!! Yep I'm a Mutt
default_thumbup.gif
I was born and raised in Michigan.... although... I have always said I SHOULD have been born some where warm!!! Like Hawaii would have been nice!!! LOL!!

Leya

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm American, with Irish heritage (as you may guess from my name, which is my maiden name -- kept for professional reasons).

From my Irish heritage, I think I may get my temper and my appreciation for an occasional drink
default_biggrin.png

My mom was born in Glasgow, Scotland. My dad was born in Kingston, Jamaica. I was born in Toronto, ON, Canada. I have Scottish, Jamaican (black), Jewish, German, British, Irish, and I believe some Native blood somewhere on my dad's side. I'm a mutt too
default_laugh.png
And I love that I'm a mix of so many nationalities etc.

Well, all my grandparents are purebreds, so I'm not THAT much of a mutt!! A couple of them came over in the early 1900's through Ellis Island (at different times) and the other two were born here of recent immigrants, so my family is only coming up on about 100 years in this country. My mom's parents were both Czechloslovokian, and my dad's parents were Danish and German. I was raised mostly by my Czech side of the family, who was active in keeping their heritage alive while still embracing life in America. As a child I went to "Czech School" (like Greek School in My Big Fat Greek Wedding) but I don't remember anything now. I do, however, know how to cook lots of Czech food and, of course, appreciate a good Pilsner!! I was born in a Czech neighborhood outside of Chicago, but live in WA state now.

It's funny that I just incidentally found a 1/2 Czech husband. His family didn't keep their heritage alive, so now he's having fun learning stuff from me and especially my Mom. We don't have any kids, but my nieces and nephews have fun visiting their "Babi" (grandma) and learning about being Czech too!

Jayne

I'm a bit Irish too, Jill.
default_yes.gif
But alas, I do not appreciate the drink.
default_biggrin.png
LOL. I'm mostly German and I have some Welsh and English ties there too. I believe the English part explains my offbeat humor. And I'm not sure about the Welsh part. But I sure do love Pembroke Welsh Corgis!
default_wub.png
**Did you know that there are more than 57 in the Heinz Variety? Yep, it's true.

Dad is French Canadian... traced his heritage all the way to the 1600's on his mom's side when Rene Lavoie made the trip from Normandy to Quebec (Iberville is where his mom was from). Wonder if my Morgans' relatives from the 1600s pulled any wagons he was riding in?

Mom is Irish, Scottish and English - her mom's grandfather made the trek during the potato famine where he came to the US to work a dairy farm and earned 20 acres to farm himself.

Scottish heritage included the seventh son of a seventh son whose daughter married into the Perry family (Andrew Perry was the one who earned the 20 acres...)

What a cool thread.

Denise

I'm mostly german with a hunk of everything else thrown in. Hubby is mostly Irish. We laugh at our daughter being a "Mad German".
default_smile.png

I'm Italian on my dad's side - my great-grandmother "came over on the boat" as a young girl. And I'm Irish (with maybe a little English, Swedish, and Native American mixed in) on my mom's side. My mom's mother made a mean corned beef and cabbage, and my dad's side of the family makes the most awesome Italian food in the world... (Yes, I'm food oriented - why do you ask?
default_rolleyes.gif
)

I am a hienz 57! Majority of my heritage is sweedish, french canadian, algonquin indian, german. Sweedish being the primary one. My Dad grew up in PA and my Mom is from NC. I now live in MI.

I am an American....first generation. My parents were Canadians living in the US. I grew up in Ohio and live in Georgia and Virginia.

Yep, I'm a mix too! I'm half Finnish, but the other half is a mix of German, French, Irish, and Scottish!

I'm 1/4 Italian 1/4 Irish 1/4 German and 1/4 French.
default_laugh.png

My dad is the Italian and German. (We own a pizzeria, I work at another pizzeria in town...) We love and embrace our Italian side. I have many family members that still can't speak a word of english, and are very... Italian we'll just say. lol

Then my mom's side is Irish and French. They don't really pay much attention to what they are, but where they are and what they do.

I'm... American born in Monroe, Michigan.
default_smile.png

*editted to add: My original last name on my dad's side was Pecorelli, but was changed to Pingston to sound more American.

Lets see.... Mom's side is Acadian French, her father was Penobscot and Dad's side is Highland scots, with Native American sprinkled through out...and if you go far enough back..taking about 1620's.. you will find one British officer and a German.

Only spent time with Mom's Acadian side of the family. Had my mt DNA done,,,which only traces the direct female line... so the women of our family all started with...Renee Breau

Born: 1620

La Chaussée,Loudon, Poitou, France

There is Church records in Loudon that show she, her husband and first two children were born in France. They came to Acadia, Canada in 1648.

So... pretty much says, "MUTT"! <LOL>
default_laugh.png

(Added: Maybe that is why I have always wanted a Poitou Donkey!
default_laugh.png
)

Viva la France!!!!
default_cheers.gif

I'm French - family is from Saint-Cloud, a small community just outside Paris. So I am first generation American!
default_firstprize.gif

Liz R.

Born and raised and live in Utah my whole life. My ancestors came from Ireland and Germany and England. But that was so long ago, I consider myself a purebred. I'm pretty sure I didn't come from a poligamist family. Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_laugh.png

I am purebred German. Proof: a strong accent. I consider myself a Texas-girl

You can take me out of Texas but you cannot take Texas out of me!

Anita

I'm a hybrid too. Born and raised American of course. My dad's side is German, Scottish, Norwegian, and Native American. My mom's side is mostly German and Irish with German making up the biggest percentage for both. The funny thing is, my grandmother is 100% German and is constantly criticizing who I and my siblings date because she doesn't want us to "bring in bad genes."
default_rolleyes.gif

I am an Okie born and raised in Oklahoma. but I was adopted so not sure of my nationality, but mom says I am "Scotch Irish"!! and the temper does fly a little sometimes. :arg!

Born and raised in Minnesota but I'm German, Swiss (1/4) , Irish (1/4), English, Polish, Swedish and have some Native American in me. I'm a Mutt...

Latest posts

Back