Cookie from Southwest Georgia

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneSmartCookie

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve had horses for 30+ years but just got my first little guy a couple weeks ago. His name is Cookie and he looks to be a grade mini/Shetland - I measure him at about 40”, but that’s at the withers so I may need to measure again more carefully as I understand minis are measured differently… At this point he could be officially either a mini or a pony. Schrodinger’s mini, if you will.

Cookie’s job for now is to be a good buddy to my three year old daughter, so he was chosen on temperament alone. He has been just perfect with her - she can lead him around, brush him, and he does well on a leadline with her up. She’ll outgrow being able to ride him pretty quick so my longterm plans are to teach him to drive. I’d like him to have a Forever Home here but also to stay busy.

I’ll try to attach a picture and welcome any comments on his looks - the vet says he sees no problem with him as a driving prospect, but again the little guys are not my specialty. We adore our little Cookie and look forward to a lot of fun with him!

IMG_3565.jpegIMG_3444.jpeg

Hi all, I’ve had horses for 30+ years but just got my first little guy a couple weeks ago. His name is Cookie and he looks to be a grade mini/Shetland - I measure him at about 40”, but that’s at the withers so I may need to measure again more carefully as I understand minis are measured differently… At this point he could be officially either a mini or a pony. Schrodinger’s mini, if you will.

Cookie’s job for now is to be a good buddy to my three year old daughter, so he was chosen on temperament alone. He has been just perfect with her - she can lead him around, brush him, and he does well on a leadline with her up. She’ll outgrow being able to ride him pretty quick so my longterm plans are to teach him to drive. I’d like him to have a Forever Home here but also to stay busy.

I’ll try to attach a picture and welcome any comments on his looks - the vet says he sees no problem with him as a driving prospect, but again the little guys are not my specialty. We adore our little Cookie and look forward to a lot of fun with him!

View attachment 51864View attachment 51865
Hello from California. Cookie is adorable. What a great first mini for you and your daughter. It sounds as if Cookie has already settled in. Just like a cookie, it will be hard to have just one mini.🥰

Welcome from Minnesota! Cookie is very pretty and has such a sweet expression. 😍 He sounds like the perfect partner for your daughter!

Conformation wise he looks solid and correct for anything including driving. I think his nice long legs would give him an elegant forward stride in harness.

Minis are typically measured at the last hair in the mane - at least this is what I remember! ;)

Latest posts

Back