Information please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papapritch

Reaction score
We just purchased our first two miniature horses. They are going to the trainer on late October. What type of cart or carriage should we be looking for to train them with..

Thank you

I would absolutely have a conversation (phone/zoom/visit) with the trainer before sending your minis over and ask questions. It may be difficult for the trainer to recommend a cart before seeing and working with your horses and you, but probably could point out a few possibilities.

Part will depend on your goals as well as your minis, do you want to drive for pleasure on trails, show, both?

My minis went to a wonderful trainer that I’d both met and watched at shows over a period of two years. I wanted to drive for pleasure and also let my young granddaughters drive at mini shows. Knowing this, he kept them for extra time to ensure minis and children could both be safe and comfortable.

My first and only cart was/is an Easy Entry cart built by Triple C. It is well balanced with shocks and brakes and has held up through thick and thin. It was a great choice for us at the time.

As @MaryFlora said, it's really going to depend on what kind of driving you want to do. If it's strictly team and just for fun, you can look at a variety of vehicles, whereas you'll want something more specific if you want to do CDE with a single animal. What is important, is balance on a 2-wheel vehicle that fits both the pony (ponies) and you! Adjustability is very important.
Please do check out different types of driving - both competitive and recreational, get involved in a driving club and talk with the trainer about your goals. While they're in training, go volunteer at events! It's a fantastic way to learn. And, most importantly, have so much fun with it!

Latest posts

Back