Peanut Blessed me with a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes Nancy thats correct, but. After 3 days of hand breeding she was turned out w/nick for the rest of the year. I guess it could be possible that she did not take on that heat period and perhaps she came into heat the next month...they bred again,I didnt notice and then that would be why my dates are wrong..perhaps she bred the next month and maybe, just maybe she is actually early. Hope I was clear on my explanation.

just reread my post and it sounds confusing, sorry. I just wish I had more info on this mares past...not really the ideal mare for a first time breeder like me...especially one that like things orderly and on time and perfect. Im not real good w/the unknowns LOL

All seems quiet at the moment. They say that a lot of mares foal at 3am - Peanut has two minutes to go according to your 'clock' Heidi, so any minute now.............???

Anna

Well good morning Sunshine, I forgot to tell you...I was drooling over your web site for hours yesterday...I have to go find my little sheet of paper that I wrote a few names on...I wanted to ask you about them. And hey!! thats one nice fancy shmansy trailer..did you sell it yet...what did you get instead..is that the one your hubby drove 10 miles an hour to your daughter farm?

I hope you told your daughter we all say hi and that she needs to be with us next year!!

Looks like Peanut is fine for a minute..gotta step out on the porch
default_smokesmile.gif

One more question and I'll be quiet LOL

How tall is Peanut .... I'm trying to compare apples to apples and

wondering if I'm comparing apples to oranges as height/size can affect how

they carry the baby.

Dont be quiet..I can use all the help LOL

She's about 29" and has always had a biggfer belly but never low like it is..just round if that makes sense

Actually I'm glad I asked.... I feel better knowing her size.

She is the size of our little stallion.

Maybe that is why she looks so huge.

Our Zoe is 34 +/- ...

Wish she'd gone with Anna's 3 AM foaling time LOL

Gosh you've got to be exhausted!

good Lord, I cant believe Ive been looking at her all this time and it hasnt crossed my mind what a ragga-muffin she looks like...look at that birdle path will ya. Looks like her mane is falling over!

Actually Nancy, I feel pretty good. god Love hubby, he was supposed to be gone all day and night but arranged it so he could come home and watch the cam. I just got up at mid night..slept for 4 straight hours...think I was out the minute my head it the pillow.

I just worry the baby will be too big by the time its ready.

i know exactly what's going thru your head....

I'm a worrier by nature...my Mom always used to say, "Don't borrow trouble."

So I'll say, "Try not to worry" - like that's going to help, right?!

Glad you got some snooze time .. Bless hubby's heart.

I know its so easy for us to say to someone "dont worry" Im the same way.

honey, I love that your here but its like 4 am almost..shouldnt you be under the covers too LOL

Heidi, I am starting to wander... did you buy Peanut an equine ball for xmas last year??? Is it possible that she ate it and that she isn't preggy
shutup.gif

Mares tend to get big bags the more foals they have. I am sure you will be able to get plenty of milk as she is near the birth.

LOL Renee,
default_rolleyes.gif
your such a tease!!!! but we love ya!!

Nancy I agree with Heidi!! GET SOME SLEEP!! you are the sweetest Lady! and we don't want you sick for when our girls are finally going to decide to foal!!!
default_yes.gif

I did go crash last night - it wasn't as late here - it was 'more tired' at your house, I'm sure.

I've actually been sick for 2 months so sitting on the computer is what I do best.

Michael was gone yesterday getting hay, for a friend with cows, and didn't roll back in till midnight. I waited up for him so I could talk to him on the phone if he was getting sleepy, driving.

Looks like all Peanut had while I was sleeping was a lil' kitty sitting on the wall.

Cute kitty but I was dreamin' of something more equine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heidi, I HAVE to know what that is sitting on the rail, in Peanuts stall.

I don't 'think' it was there last night but it hasn't moved since I got up.

I thought it was a kitty visiting the barn but ...... ??

Is this a new game to keep us alert, you're going to put something new in the

stall each day to see if we notice? LOL Did I win?

Latest posts

Back