Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Anna no she doesn't like it LOL haven't been able to test her since that first time but thats ok she will foal when she is ready... as to the feed, I am feeding her as per the mitavite Breeda bag instructions, which was the same as what my friend who is a breeder said... thank you for letting me know about the bucket... I will try and change it, and water container in her paddock is a big cattle feeding trough so I think it should be out the little foals reach,

I noticed (well I think I noticed hehe) that she seemed more uncomfortable last night, she usually lays down on her side and stays down but she seemed more comfy on her belly... and as you can see she is cranky... finish work early this arvo so I might see about doing a clean up of her stable nice fresh straw and finding some new buckets... hmmm
default_yes.gif

just let Suzie out in the big paddock... I only do this when I am home... she has a realy pregnant tummy walk about her today... and she started trotting (wobbling to the others (on the other side of the fence of course) ) LOL

and couldn't do it for very long... and the whole time she as trotting I could see the pink of inside her Vulva...
default_smile.png
she is now walking around, tail swishing and held really high!!!

fingers crossed. with fresh bedding she might feel like doing something tonight!!!

Good morning, It was a long night for me
no.gif
my son kept waking and asking my to go and sleep in his teeny winney bed with him
new_shocked.gif

naw... you poor thing...
default_sad.png
yes fresh bedding for the tubby wubby, wooly mammoth, mouse, sloth LOL will bring her in in about half an hour...

just went and gave suzie some hay, and she is REALLY sweaty!! don't know why... she ran around a little this afternoon... but it was quite a cold arvo. I didn't think enough to make her sweat... hope she is ok....

She is SOOO relaxed and open behind( not as much as dreamer of course) ... and inside is red and long...

just a bit concerned about her sweating up... any ideas Ladies??
default_no.gif

All looks quiet to me - did you get a temp reading Cassie?

Anna

oy!! I was relaxing her, poor baby girl all sweaty!!

her temp is 37.7 degrees celcius... umm...99.86F

even after I brushed her down when I gave her hay earlier she has sweated up again...

what do you think of the temp??

still really open behind and relaxed

at least we know that she hasn't got a fever so I think we need to watch her. My mare Britt was really sweating when she foaled and this year it was still cold when mine foaled.

What makes me curious is how she stops eating and it looks like she is "listening" to her body.

No I am not mad, well not much

Last edited by a moderator:
haha your not mad at all!!

I love watching them "listen" to their body... fingers crossed everyone...

did you see her grooming me when i was brushing her? I love it when she does she is so cute!!

Latest posts

Back