Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Cassie - I was so sure Suzie was up to something earlier, but no such luck! But she does look as though she might have 'changed shape' a bit, so hopefully she's moving closer.
default_smile.png

Diane - hope yout trip goes well - safe journey!

Anna

Morning Anna thanks can't wait for his little foal to finally show itself!! I was thinking she looked like she had changed shape as well...

Yes Diane have a safe n lovely trip hope your mum has a good time as well
default_smile.png

yes it is all in the norm. These girls like to really wear us out then we sleep through the night when they finally have it
new_shocked.gif
I have 1 mare that will only foal in the field so she drives me nuts watching her, another that will eat her dinner and her hay and then just flop down and foal, one that this year walked her stall for about 10 minutes and then dropped down as the sac started to show
new_shocked.gif
I didn't even have time to hit the high alert
no.gif
Don't start to worry about what you have read as I am sure Suzie will foal just fine.

Hugs renee

Lol thanks renee hOrses are so different to cows!! LOl already knew that just thought I would reinstate it lol I know she will foal when she is ready... I jet want to make sure everything is ok... The sooner is see this little foal the better... The other day I msgd a friend of mine for directions lol and she got all cranky at me cos I wasn't telling her I had a new foal lol which of course I dnt yet everytime I go anywhere... Has suzie had her foal? ... No... It's funny but annoying :p

Hi Cassie, Been in and out most of the day but I check on Suzi every time Im in. Suzi is sure keeping us on a roller coaster ride the last few days. Please tell her we'd like to get off now...

Peanut seems to be doing the Suzi thing...showed what I thought were all the foaling signs, then nothing for the last 4 days. Maybe tonight...we hope .....for both of us!

hey Heidi, yes I will tell her tonight is good for getting down n having a foal, you should definetly to the same for Peanut! I'm going to let Suzie out in the big paddock again today hopefully that will get her into gear considering that the last time i let her out she started these pre labour tthings suppose i better go out n feed them now its to nice warm in my bed tho hehe

Suzie in for the night!!! might go out and talk to the baby in a little while hehe.

encourage it along
default_biggrin.png

she had fun in the big paddock today getting nice and muddy for me to clean up :p might get her and the baby in the mood!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Suzie just fell to the ground... LOL was down sternal for prob a minute or too but is back up on her tummy again now!!! please, please, please,please LOL come on baby!!!

oh thanks for telling me I hadn't noticed was just thinking "I haven't seen any looks at the tummy" so thanks for letting me know any sign is good
default_biggrin.png

she 's not real comfy at all tonight!! up n down up n down!! heavy breathing...

she just looks really uncomfortable to me, I don't see any signs of labour
no.gif
but the night is young
yes.gif

Yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn, tail swish, pacing, wee, swishy tail all in unde 5 min lol good work suz new record

Sorry bout the static stuff not sure what that is

1am lying down but not looking too comfy I hope that ppl are still watchIng tho not posting...she looks upside down now just stretched out again

She is laid down again.

One thing I noticed with Shimmer is she could be laid down for 1/2 the night but the night before she foaled she only went down about once - she tried it a few times but was really uncomfortable so for once the equipage wasnt set off numerous times throughout the night. She foaled the following night.

Its just your mare likes to lie down and go flat out so might be something to watch out for too.

I agree too, she is too comfy to be close I think. She has been there for over an hour

Latest posts

Back