Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cassie, can you take a photo of her udder at all? If it is milk, or "wax" on the end of her teats, then you are getting very close
default_yes.gif

Renee, the camera has run out of batteries
default_sad.png
and can they have wax one night, then not the next? cos she doesn't seem to have any tonight... sorry I'm so dumb with all this stuff
default_wacko.png

ok, I will go and check how she looks when I go and give them some hay... sorry for more stupid questions Renee but how long does it usually take to reform the wax?

No question is stupid, just the fact that you ask so many lets us now how smart you are. As for the answer i have no idea, it depends on the mare and how close she is.

your so sweet Renee thankyou!!

ok, will let you know when i go and give her some hay, she is cranky at me cos I kept her inside all day but the weather was absoloutyl horrid!! blowing a gale!!

One of my friends got kicked by a kangaroo today!! LOL the poor thing she has a huge bruise on her side and will be very sore the next week or so ... kangaroos have a real powerful kick so she is very lucky it was only a young one

I had her up yesterday but all was quiet and didnt have chance to post. Have her up again so will keep an eye.

Thanks karina
default_smile.png
just went to give her some hay, she might have a little wax on her left nipple... maybe LOL

when I was checking her udder all the sudden the foal moved and it was rippling the underside of her tummy hehe was soo cool... then I put my hand there and I could feel it moving! Love it everytime!!

At least I know that the foal is doing well still!

hey Heidi!!!
default_laugh.png
how are you this morning?

Suzie was in the stable all day, let her out for half an hour and she was misery so she went back in again... weather is horrible!!

camp was lots of fun except for the smoke covering all my clothes and the wind!!! a few dead trees fell down!! luckily it was on the neighbours paddocks not on the property where we were!

The kids were great though, they had fun up for day two tomorrow absoloutly exhausted tonight!!

yeah Suzie is dressed warmly!! lets hope the foal inherits some of her coat LOL at least for now anyway!!

Dnt no if any of you just saw suzie she did the weirdest thing!!! Constant lifting up then stretching out then tummy kicking with her left back leg!! Super strange!!!

Well I'm off to get some zzzzz exhausting day will be up during the night n I have barn alarm on
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen Suzie flop down for a snooze in what I call her 'water bucket' corner. She looks very peaceful! Had a nibble at a front leg, but then back to snooze!

Cathy did manage to tear herself away from mare watching this morning, and shot in here with her laptop. She spent just half an hour uploading the changes/updates to our website - some worked and some didn't (grrrrrr) quickly typed one e-mail, ignored all her other messages and shot off down the drive again, almost burning rubber as she went. LOL!! Phoned later to say that she stopped the car in her own driveway and took the short cut to the big barn where the mares are, frightened all the horses who were not expecting someone to enter from that end (they were all in as it had been raining). No foal, so she breathed a sign of relief and motored on down to the house!

Keeping my fingers crossed that Suzie stops looking quite so relaxed and decides to DO SOMETHING for you Cassie!

Anna

Thanks Anna definite pacing going on right now!!! Tried to do a 2nd poo after 1 minute of the first n nothing came out she is definatly looking interesting think I might stay awake a little while n watch her fingers crossed !!!

How exciting diane!!!! Yay definate pacing n yawning coming from stable :D lets hope we both get new babies tonight n Heidi gets one her tonight lol

Thinking n praying for u n your daughter

If suzie has her foal tonight she is picking a wild night to do it lol

I am back and glued. She was pacing earlier in the night but then she settled. Thanks for the msg Cassie, I was down feeding my potato chips.

Diane I am sending prayers and hugs for a safe a fast delivery.

Suzie looking very twitchy and unsettled - dont think you will be able to sneak off for a snooze just yet Cassie, in case.................?

Wishing your daughter the best of luck Diane and a smooth easy birth of a beautiful healthy baby.
default_yes.gif

Off to glue my eyes on Suzie for a while.

Anna

Latest posts

Back