Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you are all tucked up and snoozing nicely by now Cassie?

Penny is such a sweet little girl - cant remember if you told us how old she is - is she any relation at all to Suzie (further back in the pedigree)?

Think Suz must be dreaming as she is rocking gently but not necessarily with every breath.

Lol I am all tucked in but not quite snoozing hehe a friend of mine msgd me just as I was drifting off grr lol so of course I had to check what was happening hehe but I am going to sleep now... As far as I know they aren't related... But I'm hoping to get hold of the lady who bred them to find out some of their pedigree :D I have to check for certain but I think penny Is 6
default_smile.png
well suzie is down again she is very up n down up n down tonight... Ok ok I'm going to sleep now gonna tell my friend I need my foaling sleep hehe

She has been back to her usual lazy self tonight with lots of laying down

Yeah and laying down like a statue so much so I keep refreshing the page as I am afraid that it has frozen only to find she is in the same position so just lazy and playing statue
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

thanks everyone
default_smile.png
its raining again today so Suzie will get wet again I think she loves it tho, the farrier is coming this arvo. will go n see what she isup to....

I wonder is night before last the weather might have been making her act strange... just a guess, Diane good work with Peanuts pics
default_smile.png
she is the cutest!!
default_saludando.gif

PH still 6.8 though a greener 6.8 then last night if that makes sense, udder is fuller again, though not big not much more changes to add I will take some pics hopefully this arvo, after Suzie and the others have had their feet trimmed
default_yes.gif
off to work now
default_smile.png

well the farrier isn't coming! he rang at home and my brother answered, said it was to wet which is fair enough except that I have been home for an hour! waiting for him and Andrew forgot to tell me he wasn't coming!!
default_frusty.gif
:frusty:frusty

sometimes brothers can be so frustrating oh well. my friend is coming over and we are going to watch movies cos it is perfect movie watching weather
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Suzie is saturated!! I might towel dry her when I put her in tonight, silly baby girl!

Hi Cassie,

I have been reading daily how Suzie is going, but i havent posted a lot. I do check in on her often.

How is she progressing this afternoon? She seems a little distracted tonight? And i've seen her stare at her belly several times - baby must be making her a bit uncomfy...

Hi Cassie
saludando.gif
I am having another crazy day
new_shocked.gif
Pat trod on my foot this morning and now I have a nasty bruise and then I came home to iron got distracted by the kids and dropped the iron on the tile floor, so then I had lots of little pieces to pick up and a broken iron
wacko.gif

Hopefully things will calm down like little suzie soon.
laugh.gif

Hi Renne!!
default_biggrin.png
how are you?? is it very wet down your way?! it is pouring and we have had 40mm in the last two days, prob expect another 20mm at least tonight...
default_no.gif
my ponies paddock is mud, and Suzie was saturated tonight, I felt sorry for her so I towel dried her. she was real stressed tonight! not her usual self at all, running round her stable, not content with eating picking at it then changing positions and not very snuggly towards me
default_no.gif
(not that I wanted to snuggle when she was so wet! LOL

but there was a little bit of lightning before so that might have been to do with it, but she is still very restless tonight!! so she must be feeling really uncomfy. even with her stressing she is very relaxed and long tonight, just normal pink and udder just normal, the baby is sitting down really low tonight though, poor baby girl she doesn't look at all comfortable.

also, has anyone noticed.... its a strange question... Anna was saying that she was expecting a colt from Mummy as she has had two fillies before... is this common that if they have had two of one sex their third foal they will have the other? according to Suzie's previous owner Suzie has had two fillies in the past, I don't care if its a colt or filly but it would be very interesting to see what people think...
default_unsure.png

Kim had 2 colts and then a filly this year, Odette had 2 fillies and then a colt and Britt has had 1 colt and 2 fillies so I guess the answer is yes, it is quite possible that you will get a colt but only time will tell

Renee!! (Eagle) there is two Renee's lol I thought I should clarify. LOL

you poor thing!!!! :No-Sadhow is Alby this morning? I bet he has a mega bruise, like son, like mummy!! do you have a spare iron? LOL or is your ironing going to be piling up? you really haven't had a good last two days, Dear Suzie and Peanut you need to have your foals so you Auntie Renee can get herself back in order and spend time with her own family (human and horses)

hope your afternoon is better then this morning!!
default_yes.gif

Thankyou for always keeping such a good eye on Suzie for me!!
default_wub.png

What you do is you take a nail or a ring and tie it on a light string and hold it above your mares hips. If it holds still, she's open, if it goes back and forward it is a Colt and if it circles it is a Filly.

The ring test is a bit like the wedding ring one that pregnant women do
default_yes.gif
Its a bit of fun

Dont do it too close to a tin shed though, seems to affect it.

Yes, its very wet here. Luckily the house and stables are up on a hill, as all the lower areas are very very wet.

No wonder she's all unsettled if you are having a lightening storm then. Hopefully it calms down so that Suzie can relax. She does seem a little happier now, than when i last looked in on her though, so maybe the weather has already settled some?

yeah, it really wasn't much was about 5:30 its just really rainy and windy here,

I will try the ring test tomorrw LOL
default_yes.gif

she was just cranky at her feed bin, chucked it round as if to say, its all your fault that the food is all gone!! LOL
default_new_rofl.gif

well I'm beggered tonight!! must be the weather, I'm already in bed LOL watching Suzie, Peanut and Moonlight and relaxing doing some drawing
default_laugh.png

its been pouring ever since it went dark tonight, wind is infrequent but gusts are strong. similar weather to the other night when she was really restless...
default_new_shocked.gif

p.s Renee I just went on your website!! :D love your Minis!! Karen was right that you have gorgeous minis!! I simply adore your Anyssa park tru Desire!! she is darling!! can't wait to see how she looks in the show ring!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back