Mare ready to foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that the sun is up in Florida I can concentrate on Suzie. I will be here for a couple of hours then I have to go out though.

No worries
default_smile.png
thanks Renee!! :D I'm going to get some sleep msg me when your headed out I think

I'm going to have lots oh **** to clean up tomorrow she has gone quite often already tonight!! How is Alby n your foot doing?!

Alby is just fine thanks but my foot is a bit sore. I am watching for now but I will check on Marestare before I go to see if someone else is watching. Sweet dreams

Thanks Diane!! I was just about to say that rain stopped but no it's started again lol has she been pacing a bit? She is looking real slab sided the last few days... If she doesn't foal before Sunday I'll take some pics as I have to work at the vets Saturday

Thanks for watching suz the snuggle bunny!!

Lol maybe lol so she can get sOme sleep lol good thinking 99
default_smile.png
your so smart!!! She seems pretty settled so back to sleep i go!!! Thanks Diane!!

Oh n Diane I agree bout her body shape... I loved the pic you took of peanuts back... She isn't like that Norma... If you look st the shape lines of her back she hardly looks pregnant at all I'm prob not going to get anytime btwn now n Sunday to take some but you will see them when I do...
default_smile.png

Haha none
default_smile.png
lucky lol na suzie has relaxed a bit more but still not lying down for long... Ps perfect timing!!! Lol Diane is just about to go lol

Oh lol that would be why you didn't need to tho... But thankyou!! She is down sternal n was down flat for a minute but back up sternal again amazing to notice the change in her isn't it
default_smile.png
ok well I'm going to shut my eyes again so I dnt get in trouble lol let me know of anything
default_smile.png
there is a few marestarers wwatching suz as well night
default_smile.png

She is down flat again... I might just watch for a minute...

I think your weather must be doing something Cassie? Suzie sort of looks as though she has paused in throught/is listening/can make up her mind what to do next.........HAVE A BABY SUZIE!!
default_yes.gif
There, I have made the decision for her. LOL!!

She is really not feeling too comfortable is she, bless her! I know you may have said it before Cassie, but what do you know about the sire of Suzie's baby - size, colour etc? Was just wondering if we might be seeing a coloured foal?

And yes, we often find that mares have a couple of foals of one sex before changing the sex of the next one (even with gaps between foals) but it is not always like that. I have one girl who so far has had 3 fillies in 5 years - she was supposed to be in foal for this year (still might be as not due until end of August) but we are pretty sure she is not in foal, I told Cathy that it must have been a colt, which the mare didn't like the thought of, so she absorbed it. LOL!!

Have posted some pics of Mummy and the new colt (not good pics!) on Peanuts thread, so go have a look when you awake.

Just having a quick check on Suzie again, then must get something to eat. Catch you later!

I think the rain and bad weather upsets her, maybe she can't hear her friends with the noise of the rain or maybe she just feels more comfy outside getting wet. My mare Odette loves standing out in the rain and even foaled last year outside in a storm
new_shocked.gif
As soon as I heard the rain I rushed to the horses but I was too late, she had parked her little colt under the dripping gutter
no.gif

She just looked worried earlier , bless her

She is standing quietly at 6.00am

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it looks as though Suzie has two thoughts in her mind just now - breakfast and out - maybe not even in that order! LOL!!

Lol that's cos the door Is locked still I suppose I better get out of bed n feed them lol atleast it isn't raining at the moment will do a milk test n give you n update when i get back

ok, she is at a stand still hasn't changed much besides the really dropped tummy LOL

still sitting at 6.8ph, tailend really relaxed, long and relaxed hoohaa, though pink not red. not much more milk...

felt the bubba moving which is good
default_smile.png
but otherwise nothing new to report.

Anna to answer your question from earlier yes there is a good chance we could get a coloured foal. her last filly to a taffy stallion was a pinto (don't know all the pinto names sorry) she was chestnut and white, had a real pretty white blaze.

there is a chance she is mated to this stallion again, or to a black and white, a tobiano? stallion with blue eyes. she is classed as a silver taffy. and when she doesn't have a winter coat has a real dark brown coat with the real silver mane
default_smile.png

I just can't wait to see this foal!!

we have now had 52mm or 2 inches over the last 3 days, the paddocks are absoloute mud Penny and Smartie now don't have any white socks at all and Penny's tail is now brown instead of blonde.

your little colt is SO cute Anna can't wait to see some more piccies but what a sweet little muzzle.

Renee I wonder if Suzie might be the same... she never went had a stall at her previous place, and they never had rugs on them, it was very au natural... but because Suzie loves her stable I am hoping that she will be content to have the foal in the stable... I just don't want to risk leaving her out in the freezing cold and wet...
default_no.gif
not when she is looking so close! well I better get ready for work. talk to you later!!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back