Robin's Pregnancy Thread MAIDEN :) *Filly! 1-7-13* *New Photos #831*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, so tell me if this is something...Normally when I check the color of her hooha, it isn't very relaxed and doesn't open very easily, if that makes sense. Today, it was VERY relaxed and opened very wide with little effort. Thoughts on this?? She wasn't very dark inside, but darker than normal.

Keep an eye on her and see if it stays consistent. Dreamy did that 2 weeks out from foaling but she must have been rubbing as it went back to normal by the next check and didn't loosen up until closer to the day.

Well, I have been sitting at my window, watching Robin for about 30 minutes. We started with a lot of tail swishing and then some kicking at her belly. Even got a belly bite or two. All while she was stuffing her face, mind you LOL. When she walked by the window, I could see that her hooha was looking pretty relaxed as well. Now she is just grazing on the green stuff and seems more relaxed. I guess baby was just annoying her. I will be keeping a close eye on her tonight though. We have a front coming through tomorrow night so my guess is she will wait until it is pouring rain and cold LOL.

Keep an eye on her, 4 hours before foaling Dreamy was chilled out munching on the hay pile. Not all mares lose itnerest in their food as they get close.

Fingers crossed she does something exciting!

Nada...dang mare. I haven't been out to feed yet, so pics will come in an hour or so
default_smile.png

Yep, so, no much interesting going on this AM. Still keeping a close eye on her though, with this system coming through in the next couple of days.

Pics...

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

And just because I thought it was cute, here is one of Dakota begging over the fence ;) Excuse the bad patch job...The horses just LOVE to tear up that wooden fence when they are in the corral. We hope to replace that entire line soonish, lol.

IMG_1836.jpg

Well, I don't normally post midday photos, but I thought this was call for an extra post ;)

Udders appear to have grown since this AM, as well as a little more relaxation in her hooha. It still opens very wide, very easily when I check the color. Not getting any darker yet though.

robin2-1.jpg

Post photos all times of the day
default_smile.png
or night ;) sounds like she's getting closer! I can see the relaxation in her hooha stretches down more. I am watching all times of the day so keep us posted at it happens!
default_smile.png
btw you Dakota is such a pretty pony what breed is he?

Not much change since the last post, but as long as we didn't go backwards, I am happy with that!

Jaymie, Dakota is a mutt as far as I know. Just a cremello mutt, lol. I wouldn't doubt if he has some draft in him somewhere, as he is quite thick (and not just because he is fat, lol). He isn't tall, but he is certainly a stout boy
default_smile.png
I love him to death!

Pics from this evening...

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

Oh she is so tell tale with her expressions! Lol well even if a mutt still a beauty
default_smile.png
she is so very round! It looks to me like she may have dropped and became more v shaped? She looks so silly with big swollen belly and slim legs
default_smile.png
Her front legs appear short from the angle and drop of her belly bet she "wobbles" more than walks poor girl bet she's hoping it's soon too! I wish there was some salve or something I could get you to help her get baby on the ground faster LOL I'm (sure we all are!) dying to see what little one's color and gender will be such pretty parents I'm guessing baby will just be gorgeous!

Even since your photos from this morning she seems a bit more v shaped. I have heard that some mares stay big and round and never seem to "flatten" or give that thinner tummy look from the back as baby gets in position. I've seen photos of two mares about the same in pregnancy where one looks like just down right pregnant big swollen belly probably wouldnt have fit in the avg 2 horse trailer LOL and the other like she was gonna foal belly shape was nearly perfect. Guess which one foaled in the next day? The big swollen belly! I was surprised can't remember where I saw that wishing I would though :p Now I'm just having my first preggy mare so I've learned from my local friends who breed, online, books, vets, etc what's the color and looseness of her hooha? Sorry I'm writing you a big book here
default_smile.png

Not a problem at all! I find it interesting
default_smile.png

Last night, she was definitely showing signs that it will be soon. A while back, Robin colicked and my first sign of her discomfort was that she would stand with one of her back legs stretched out behind her. She did this very early thus morning. About 5am or so. Of course, now, it is pouring rain and getting pretty chilly out. I hope she waits a little while now! Lol. I will attempt to get photos this am but I am doubting I will be able to with the weather
default_sad.png

What's she doing at this point? Probably a good thing you took note of that leg its helping you out! I bet it's getting all muddy where she's been eating

Ugh...what a nasty day. It has been raining since I woke up this morning. It has also gotten colder. Temp is only 48 right now. Recently, our shelter blew down and we have not been able to get a new one put up yet, so she was just standing in the rain, which normally doesn't bother her. I had been watching her pretty closely all morning and she finally started to shiver. So, I went and got her and brought her to the front porch. I dried her off and put her waterproof blanket on. Then I just closed the gate to the road and left her out there to graze and have access to the porch if she really wanted to get out of the rain. She is now munching away on the round bale of grass hay that I have been feeding from and has stopped shivering. She looks much happier now, so all is well. I am going out there and checking on her every 30 minutes or so, lol. Sucks not having an easy view :p This nasty weather has made me realize that we need to get on the ball with the shelter though... It only happens once a year or so, but jeez.

Oh, and her bag appears to have grown slightly overnight...not much though. Hopefully, it will dry up some this afternoon and I can get a few photos. I also hope that she holds off until this weather passes, lol.

Well, since fatty pants was all warmed up and still just standing in the rain eating hay, I just pit a big pile of hay in the backyard and moves her back where I could keep a closer eye on her. She stood, happily munching away at her hay for a bit and then a couple of times, I saw her stop chewing and lift her head up a little (like they do when they feel pain), pin her ears back and just stand very still for about 30 sec to a minute and then she would continue eating. After about 20 or 30 minutes of this, she stopped eating and has now been standing with her butt pressed up on the fence. Every once in a while I will see her head go up like something hurts. I am continuing to keep an eye on her.

She still has her blanket on but I have already decided that if she does anything major, I will go out and take it off or at least fold the back half forward some.

Hummmm sounds interesting!! Hope that nasty weather passes quickly! Is your porch large enough for you to enlose it somehow if she should foal? Just thinking of a bit of shelter for baby plus somewhere dry to lie down. New born/young foals do seem to cope quite well with short periosd of bad weather, especially if they are rugged, but having to lie down on wet ground is not that good for them.

Bet you are getting really excited now!!

Okay, so the weather is supposed to start clearing out after midnight tonight. I suppose that I could clear off the front porch completely and block off a spot for them. It is only about 3.5 to 4 feet wide or so and goes the front length of the house. I will speak with hubby when he gets back home about what I can do if she should foal before the rain quits. She is back to eating her hay now. I went out to check on her and the resistance in her tail is way low. I couldn't get a good look at her udders, but they appeared to have grown slightly. She didn't give me a good look at her hooha either, but it didn't look very dark. I am kind of crossing my fingers that she waits till tomorrow, but we all know how that goes! LOL.

Latest posts

Back